Content Strategy: Cutting Through the Hype to Create a Better Digital Brand Presence
The meaning of “”content strategy”” seems to vary greatly according to context and underlying business agendas. This session will unpack content strategy into “”Pull”” and “”Push”” categories, and explore the goals and hallmarks of each. We’ll dive deeper to show why content strategies that primarily reflect internal business thinking (rather than relevant consumer desires) tend to be flat and forgettable. And finally, we’ll cover some techniques and tools to tap into consumer passion points, develop effective brand content strategies, and create a compelling digital brand presence for your audiences.
After this session, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the common business process pitfalls that lead to boring content and how to avoid them
- Understand the difference between Pull and Push content strategies
- Tie your business needs and brand truths to consumer passion points and platform expectations
- Use strategic planning techniques, such as editorial pillars and digital audience ethnographies, to create compelling brand content
- Develop effective, consumer-centered digital content