Organizing your Digital Properties to Connect Data to Business Decisions
Data & analytics. It’s the piece needed to judge if your website, advertising campaign, landing page or business listing is reaching, engaging and converting your potential audience. Everyone knows you need your Google Analytics, Search Console and Ads installed to gather all the data. Follow that up with “What do you do with that data?” and you get silence. This is the session where you can take control over your Google data properties. Learn how to go beyond just having Google Analytics installed on your site and start to leverage data in your digital decisions. Once you’ve cleaned and organized your data, you can then automate all your marketing reports in Google Data Studio.
This Masterclass will be a full working session in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio. Your interactive workbook will include best practices for data organization, tips and tricks on how to connect all your data together, plus checklists for how to audit any Google Analytics account.
On top of the workbook, this master class will provide you with 3 templates for Google Data Studio that you’ll be able to set up and edit in class.
At the end of this Masterclass, you’ll be able to:
- Audit Google Analytics set-up for proper data flow and collection on your site plus see why setting up alerts are so important
- Judge your current Google Analytics goals for engagement and conversions
- Build custom funnel segments in Google Analytics to compare user flows on your website
- Understand the different attribution models in Google Analytics and the pros and cons of each
- Tackle Google Tag Manager with tricks and a cheat sheet for creating triggers and tracking
- Learn the basics of Google Data Studio as an automation tool for reporting. You’ll discover how different data sources connect to the report and how to edit existing reports as you add your own filters
- Follow along as we build a Data Studio report from scratch. You’ll be able to identify the question you want to answer, find the answer in Google Analytics, and apply design principles of data to show the value of your work to internal and external stakeholders